Crew Seat Cushions: Quad Chart
Development and Testing of Helicopter Crew Seat Cushion to Increase Survivability SBIR N92-152
Description of the MitiGatortm Technology
- Advanced Cushioning Methodology
- Elastomer or Foam Construction
- Internally Molded Air Passages
- Interconnecting Orifices — Choked Airflow
- Maximize Energy Absorption
- Minimize Rebound
- Reduces injury from repeated and single impacts/shocks and vibrations
Naval Aviation Transition/Impact:
- Phase II SBIR completed 12/31/01, IDIQ contract issued 1st Qtr 2003
- Originally designed as seat cushion for AH-1W impacts.
- Readily transferable to other military platforms.
Other Applications / Successes:
- Crew seats and deck mats in hi-speed boats.
- Protection against soft tissue damage under body armor.
- Helmet liners
SEA Systems Group, Inc. POC: 434-374-9553 Ext. 1
Government Point of Contact: 301-342-8436 Sponsor: NAVAIR, PEO(A)